My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.davidsrosen.net/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 1, 2007


First full day in Prague. The day was surprisingly full: Workshop class, then a visit and portfolio by a [wonderful] Czech photographer named Karel Cudlin, then a long afternoon of shooting, then dinner, and now lastly, a late night of post-processing so that I will have some work to show the group tomorrow. Prague is a beautiful city, but teeming with tourists (at least in the parts I have visited so far). I’ll explore a wider circle tomorrow.


All my fears about the communicating were for naught…. It IS true that the Czech language is seemingly unrelated to any language I have ever spoken or heard before, and simple words like “thank you” involve trying to pronounce long strings of consonants strung together in ways that are unpronounceable. But, contrary to what I was led to believe, EVERYONE (including all of the kids that I photographed) speaks at least some English, so no worries.


I’ll try to include a record shot of the city skyline in the next day or two. In the meantime, here is something I shot today.


2 comments:

pitchertaker said...

If you get the chance, tell Karel that Stephen and Frank say hello. He has exhibited at Clark and was guest in our classes. How cool you got to meet him.

P'taker

DSR said...

Frank: Not sure I will see himk again, but will if I do. Wish I would have known!